This past weekend there were a lot of things to celebrate. America, adventures, and the fact that Kait is now an official “Seattleite”.
On Friday we packed up the car, picked up Tim and McKendree and headed to Portland, OR to meet up with Calvin, Jordan, and our hosts Sam and Annika. From there the adventures never stopped and included the following…
- Lake Oswego Activities: Boating, Paddle boarding, bridge climbing, dock games, tubing, etc.
- BBQ(s); Every meal included something that came off the grill, but seriously.
- Fireworks: Of course
- Floating the Sandy River: What an experience. My floatation device of choice wasn’t the wisest, but it did the job and got me down the river. The views along the float were breathtaking. #cheeksup
- Cheeks Up 2014 Olympics: Sunday we had a “friendly” competition that included multiple events, teams, beverages, and good times.
- ATV’s: Nothing like racing ATV’s around a tree farm. Good times. (ps. Kait rips on an ATV, watch out).
- St. Paul Rodeo: This rodeo is a true slice of “Americana”. BBQ, Funnel Cake, Ice Cream, Beer, and Bulls.
- Friends: Thanks so much to everyone who made this weekend so amazing. HUGE thanks to Sam and Annika for putting it all together and being such gracious hosts throughout the weekend.
… Overall, the 4th was a HUGE success. Pumped on summer, and pumped on the adventures ahead!